Friday, January 21, 2011

Dinner @ Tang Shifu

Please spot this restaurant in one of the most famous shopping mall in Petaling Jaya! If you are Chinese educated, you would know what the restaurant serves by looking at the name itself! Namely Tang Shifu, carrying the meaning of "Master in Soup". Being a Chinese, I'm not doubt a soup lover. Since young, soup would be my all time favorite on the dinning table, I just can't stop myself from refilling and scooping another bowl. So, this is the reason why I have chosen this restaurant instead of the others in 1 Utama.

After flipping through the menu, I'm much tempted by most of the dishes there and I have chosen this healthy package of Dried Mee Suah with Dried Scallop and Abalone Sauce. The Mee Suah tasted nice with the abalone sauce and dried scallop. My little advice here would be eating this QUICK, or the Mee Suah would tend to be very sticky and starchy when the temperature decreases.

Besides the much delicious Mee Suah, the set comes together with a little pot of soup. Given 5 points, I would only give 3 points for the soup as it didn't taste as rich and thick compared to the ones I had in other restaurants / home. By the way, there is a big chunk of meat in the soup, so I guess that would be good for the meat eaters out there!

Not only that, this set of meal comes together with two side dishes, which are black beans and braised meat. The beans were a bit too hard and thus I don't like the mouth feel. As for the braised meat, I found it very OILY and wasn't as delicious as the ones I had before. There is another cheaper set which costs RM 14.90 without the side dishes. I would probably be taking that set during my next visit!!

I would end the post with the address, and hope you can enjoy your meal there. Till here.

LG321, Lower Ground Floor,
1 Lebuh Bandar Utama,
Bandar Utama City Centre,
Bandar Utama, 47800
Petaling Jaya



No comments:

Post a Comment